426th SUPPORT BATTALION
Lineage and Honors
Constituted 23 July 1918 in the National Army as the 326th Supply Train and assigned to the 101st Division.
101st Division partially organized October-November 1918; demobilized 11 December.
Former 326th Supply Train reconstituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as the 101st Division Train, Quartermaster Corps.
Organized in January 1922 with Headquarters at Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Redesignated 23 March 1925 as the 101st Division Quartermaster Train.
Reorganized and redesignated 1 July 1936 as the 426th Quartermaster Regiment and remained assigned to the 101st Division.
Reorganized and redesignated 30 January 1942 as the 426th Quartermaster Battalion and remained assigned to the 101st Division.
Disbanded 15 August 1942; concurrently reconstituted in the Army of the United States, consolidated with the 426th Airborne Quartermaster Company (constituted 6 August 1942 in the Army of the United States), and consolidated unit activated at Camp Claiborne, Louisiana as the 426th Airborne Quartermaster Company, an element of the 101st Airborne Division.
Inactivated 30 November 1945 in France.
Redesignated 18 June 1948 as the 101st Airborne Division Quartermaster Company.
Allotted 25 June 1948 to the Regular Army.
Activated 6 July 1948 at Camp Breckinridge, Kentucky.
Inactivated 1 April 1949 at Camp Breckinridge, Kentucky.
Activated 25 August 1950 at Camp Breckinridge, Kentucky.
Inactivated 1 December 1953 at Camp Breckinridge, Kentucky.
Activated 15 May 1954 at Fort Jackson, South Carolina.
Redesignated 1 July 1956 as the 426th Airborne Quartermaster Company.
Reorganized and redesignated 25 April 1957 at the 426th Supply and Transportation Company, an element of the 101st Airborne Division.
Reorganized and redesignated 3 February 1964 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 426th Supply and Transportation Battalion, and remained assigned to the 101st Airborne Division (organic elements concurrently organized for new and existing units).
426th Supply and Transportation Battalion Inactivated 21 May 1965 at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
Redesignated 1 July 1968 as the 426th Supply and Services Battalion and activated in Vietnam.
Reorganized and redesignated 17 September 1986 as the 426th Supply and Transport Battalion.
Reorganized and redesignated 16 April 1994 as the 426th Support Battalion.
CAMPAIGN PARTICIPATION CREDIT
World War II
Presidential Unit Citation (Army), Streamer embroidered BASTOGNE
Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered EUROPEAN THEATER
Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered VIETNAM 1968-1969
Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered VIETNAM 1969-1970
French Croix de Guerre with Palm, World War II, Steamer embroidered NORMANDY
Belgian Croix de Guerre 1940 with Palm, Streamer embroidered BASTOGNE; Cited in the Order of the Day of the Belgian Army for action at BASTGONE
Belgian Fourragere 1940
Cited in the Order of the Day of the Belgian Army for action in FRANCE and BELGIUM
Netherlands Orange Lanyard
Republic of Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation, Streamer embroidered Vietnam 1968-1969
Republic of Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation, Streamer embroidered Vietnam 1971
Republic of Vietnam Civil Action Honor Medal, First Class, Streamer embroidered VIETNAM 1968-1970
Company A additionally entitled to:
Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered SOUTHWEST ASIA.
MOTTO: To the Task
On a shield divided per bend brick red and buff a counter-changed winged key bendwise between in chief 4 gold fleur de-lis & in base a brick red torteau charged with a gold 6 pointed star. The motto To the Task is is brick red on a gold scroll.