46th SUPPORT GROUP
Constituted 1 May 1936 in the Regular Army as the 46th Quartermaster Regiment.
Activated 1 April 1942 with Headquarters at Camp San Luis Obispo, California.
Reorganized and redesignated 1 July 1942 as the 46th Quartermaster Truck Regiment.
Regiment broken up 5-19 December 1943 and elements reorganized and redesignated as follows:
Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 46th Quartermaster Group, inactivated 13 May 1946 in Germany.
Redesignated 1 July 1966 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 46th Direct Support Group.
Activated 26 July 1966 at Fort Devens, Massachusetts.
Reorganized and redesignated 18 March 1968 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 46th General Support Group.
Reorganized and redesignated 1 December 1970 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 46th Support Group.
CAMPAIGN PARTICIPATION CREDIT
World War II
Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered SOUTHWEST ASIA (11 Sep 90 - 11 Apr 91, DAGO 12, 13 May 94)
MOTTO: We Support With Pride
The escarbuncle and chevron refer to the support mission of the unit. The five visible fleurs-de-lis at the end of the spokes represent five campaigns in Italy, Rhineland and Central Europe. Design Approved February 11, 1970.