AND HEADQUARTERS DETACHMENT
Constituted 1 May 1936 In the Regular Army as the 85th Quartermaster Battalion
Activated 15 June 1942 at Fort Knox, Kentucky
Reorganized and re-designated 1 July 1942 as the 85th Quartermaster Medium Maintenance Battalion
Converted and re-designated 1 August 1942 as the 85th Ordnance Medium Maintenance Battalion
Battalion reorganized 4 November 1942 and its elements reorganized and re-designated as follows:
Headquarters and Headquarters Detachments as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 85th Ordnance Medium Maintenance Battalion.
(Companies A, B, C, and D as the 3477th, 3478th, 3479th, and 3480th Ordnance Medium Maintenance Companies – Hereafter separate Lineages).
Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 85th Ordnance Medium Maintenance Battalion, reorganized and re-designated 17 May 1943 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 85th Ordnance Battalion
Inactivated 20 October 1947 in Germany
Activated 25 June 1949 in Germany
Reorganized and re-designated 4 August 1965 as Headquarters and Company A, 85th Maintenance Battalion (organic elements organized 9 August 1965 from existing units)
Battalion broken up 21 December 1972 and its elements reorganized and re-designated as follows:
Headquarters and Company A as Headquarters and Headquarter detachment, 85th Maintenance Battalion
(Companies C and D as the 557th and 531st Maintenance Battalions, reorganized and re-designated 15 July 1993 as Headquarters and Headquarter Detachment, 485th Support Battalion.
CAMPAIGN PARTICIPATION CREDIT
World War II
since 24 June 2002