US Army Quartermaster Foundation
Fort Lee, Virginia


 95th SUPPLY AND SERVICE BATTALION

95th Supply and Services Battalion Distinctive Unit InsigniaConstituted 1 May 1936 in the Regular Army as the 95th Quartermaster Battalion (Bakery)

Activated 6 April 1942 at Fort George C. Meade, Maryland as the 95th Quartermaster Bakery Battalion, less organic elements activated 6 July 1916 to 25 March 1942 at various stations

Battalion reorganized 15 September 1943 4 January 1944, with elements reorganized and redesignated

Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 95th Quartermaster Battalion reorganized and redesignated 22 May 1946 as the Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 95th Quartermaster Battalion, Mobile

Converted and redesignated 1 August 1946 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 95th Transportation Corps Truck Battalion

Converted and redesignated 1 February 1947 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 95th Quartermaster Battalion

 Inactivated 20 March 1948 in Germany

 Redesignated 9 February 1950 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 95th Quartermaster Service Battalion

Activated 15 April 1950 in Germany

Reorganized and redesignated 20 October 1951 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 95th Quartermaster Battalion

Battalion reorganized 14 September 1961 as 95th Quartermaster Battalion

 Battalion reorganized 4 August 1965 as 95th Quartermaster Battalion

CAMPAIGN PARTICIPATION CREDIT

World War II
Rhineland
Central Europe
Naples-Foggia
Rome-Arno

Normandy

Northern France

DECORATIONS

French Croix de Guerre with Palm, World War II, Streamer embroidered Normandy

DISTINCTIVE INSIGNIA

Not Available

Return To: Distinguished Units of the Regiment

Hit Counter since 19 June 2002

Return To:  Quartermaster History Page

Quartermaster Foundation Page

Quartermaster Museum Page Quartermaster Homepage